Box is an online file-sharing, storage, and collaboration service that caters to individual users as well as businesses. It lets you keep all your business files in one place for simple online collaboration. You can also share your files securely, and create, edit, and review documents with others in real-time from anywhere on any device.
Triggers when an existing note is updated
File/Folder Operation event contains number of trigger events as mentioned here:
- New File/Folder: Triggers when a new file or folder is created
- File/Folder Copied: Triggers when a file/folder is copied to the specified file/folder
- File/Folder Moved: Triggers when a file/folder is moved to the specified file/folder
- File/Folder Deleted: Triggers when a specified file/folder is deleted
- File/Folder Downloaded: Triggers when a specified file/folder is downloaded
- File/Folder Shared: Triggers when a specified file/folder is shared
- Comment On File: Triggers when a new comment is added to the specified file/folder
- File/Folder Updated: Triggers when an existing file or folder is updated
- File Previewed: Triggers when an existing file is previewed
- Task Added: Triggers when a new task is added to the specified file/folder
- Task Updated: Triggers when an existing task is updated in the specified file/folder
You can select one or multiple trigger events to receive the notification.
To use Box in your workflow, you will first need to connect it with Built.io Flow.
To do this, drag any Box action listed under Box service on the canvas. In case of configuring Box triggers, double-click the Start icon on your canvas and select Box service. Then, click on the Add New option listed under the Connect to Box field in the configuration window. You will be prompted to login to your Box account, if you are not already logged in.
Once you have logged in to your Box account, you will be prompted to authorize Built.io Flow to access your account. Click on Grant access to Box.
After this step, you will be redirected to canvas.
Rename the authorization as per your choice and click ADD. You can now see the added authorization under the Connect to Box field. Once added, this authorization will be available in all Box actions and triggers.
In order to upload a file to your Box account using the Box - Upload File action, you first need to ensure that it is saved on flow engine local storage. To achieve this, you can use the Download File action of any other storage service (such as Dropbox, Google Drive). Click here to know more about it.